Birdsong Retreat is the ideal bed and breakfast place for those looking for peace and quiet in Goa. It is beautiful, comfortable and luxurious.
Birders will find themselves surrounded by birds, including a number of exotic species.
Birdsong Retreat lies on the slopes of the Succor Plateau, one of the birding hot-spots of Goa – the resting place of the Amur falcon on its long and arduous journey and home to a variety of raptors as well as song-birds. Many of these birds come visiting Birdsong Retreat, comfortable among the trees and coconut and banana plantations that surround the house. Click here to see more about ‘birding in Goa’.
Rajyashree Dutt, one of the hosts, is a keen birder who has recorded 101 species at Birdsong Retreat during the period January 2017 to December 2018.
For non-birders You don’t have to be a birdwatcher to enjoy Birdsong Retreat. It is the perfect retreat for those seeking peace and an opportunity to commune with nature, read, write, walk through the quiet village, paint, take photographs or just stay in and play board games.
And, of course, if you want noise and action, the seaside is just half an hour away.
Birdsong Retreat provides a host of amenities for your comfort
- Free breakfast
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Potable water in every tap through a centralised RO system
- Lunch and dinner (chargeable)
- 24/7 generator back-up
- Several 5 amp plug-points
- Bed making and turn-down service included in the cost
- Fridge, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, iron and ironing board
- Crockery and cutlery
- Airport add and station transfers (chargeable)
- Car and 2-wheeler hire (chargeable)
- Laundry service (chargeable)
- Free car parking (No accommodation for drivers)
Can you identify these birds ?